5 Day Driftwood Northern Island Tour
Click the tabs below to find out more about this tour.
About this Tour
About this tour
Driftwood is heading north on a journey through 1000’s of years of fascinating history, dramatic scenery and legendary places to the heart of one of Europe’s most off-the-beaten-track regions.
AreasFrom the wilds of Mayo to the legends of the Giants Causeway, the Glens and beaches of the Antrim coastline and the historic cities of Belfast and Derry, Driftwood will make sure that you visit areas that other tourists simply don’t reach.
SceneryLike all Driftwood tours the trip is an awesome blend of great scenery, meeting the people of Ireland, experiencing local culture and history and having loads of laughs.
AccommodationOur small groups also allow us to stay in small out-of-the-way B&B’s and Hotels, offering a warm friendly welcome and first class accommodation. All rooms have private bathrooms and most come with TV’s and Tea and Coffee facilities.
- The Hills of Sligo
- The Wilds of North West Mayo
- The Glens of Antrim
- The Titanic Visitor Experience
- The Carrick a Rede Rope Bridge
- The Giant’s Causeway
- Ancient neolithic stone circles, celtic ring forts, castles, monastic sites and pre-christian tombs
- The Grinian of Aileach
- Learn about the modern day history of Northern Ireland, especially on the walking tour of Derry and the Black Cab tour of Belfast
- The resurgent Northern Irish cities of Derry and Belfast
- Optional visit to Bushmills Irish Whiskey Distillery, the oldest working distillery in the world
- Test your fear of heights at the Carrick a Rede rope bridge
- Live music and excellent food in some of Ireland’s best pubs and restaurants.
- Overnight in quality, locally owned guesthouse and small hotel accommodation in small, friendly local communities
Price per person: €909 (based on two sharing) Single supplement: €115
- Journey of discovery in a Driftwood mini coach tour vehicle.
- Services of highly trained professional Driftwood tour guide.
- Four nights accommodation (2 nights B&B, 2 nights Hotel).
- 4 Full Irish breakfast.
- All relevant taxes.
- Guaranteed tour price from the moment you make your deposit
- Any train journeys involved in tour (we can also organise your train journey to be a day or two before your tour, so you can spend more time in the west of Ireland)
- Loads of laughs
- Fantastic guided walks
- Entrance to most of the historical and archeological sites along the way
- Demonstrations of local craftsmen at work
Lunches and evening meals
Some optional entrance fees and additional activity options, for example:
- Black Cab taxi tour of Belfast – GB£10
- The Titanic Experience – GB£14.75
- Bushmills Whiskey Distillery – GB£7.50
- Walking tour of Derry – GB£4
- Carrick a Rede Rope Bridge – GB£6.50
- Visit to Dun Luce Castle – £3
- Hot, relaxing sea-weed bath – €25
We try and keep any additional costs to a minimum and these activities account for only a small part of the daily activities on tour. Most of the historical sites we visit are free to enter, as of course are the walks and beaches. The additional activities we do offer are ones that have proved to be a big success with customers over the years.
When do we leave?
- Monday – 2nd
- Monday - 9th
- Monday - 16th
- Monday – 23rd
- Monday – 30th
- Monday - 7th
- Monday - 14th
- Monday – 21st
- Monday - 28th
- Monday - 4th
- Monday - 11th
- Monday - 18th
- Monday - 25th
- Monday – 1st
- Monday - 8th
- Monday - 15th
- Monday – 22nd
- Monday – 29th