Terms & Conditions
- a) ‘Vagabond’ and ‘Driftwood’ are Vagabond Tours Limited, 65 Heathervue, Greystones, Co Wicklow, Ireland, which is incorporated in Ireland with limited liability. Company registration number 352969
- b) The ‘client’ is the person or persons who has made a confirmed booking with Vagabond. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- 1.1 A booking is accepted by Vagabond, only when we, or our agent have received payment in full. No tickets will be issued until full payment has been received.
- 1.2 On receipt of payment, subject to availability and at our discretion, Vagabond will reserve the client a place on a trip. A contract is only made between the client and Vagabond upon the confirmation of your booking and our communication thereof to either you or our travel agent.
- 2.1 The price of your ticket does not cover your travel insurance.
- 2.2 Vagabond strongly recommends that the client purchase comprehensive travel insurance cover for cancellation, medical expenses, personal accident, personal luggage, money and public liability before you travel. Vagabond reserve the right to refuse admission as a passenger unless the client has arranged appropriate insurance. Vagabond accepts no responsibility for loss or personal damage to personal belongings or liability for personal injury/death.
- 3.1 Cancellation of a clients booking must be confirmed in writing to Vagabond. Cancellation charges are calculated on the day when notification is received by Vagabond. The Table below shows the number of days before departure dates that Vagabond receives written confirmation of cancellation, and the percentage of tour fare, including any surcharges that will be imposed on the client as cancellation of charges
Days % Charged
Over 40 Deposit
Under 7 100%
- 3.2 Once the tour has started, no refunds will be made under any circumstances for any unused sectors or sections.
- 3.3 If the reason for the client’s cancellation is covered by the clients insurance policy, the client maybe be able to make a claim under that policy.
- 3.4 If the client wishes to change to an alternative departure date, this must be done with a minimum of 7 days notice. One change of date is allowed free of charge; any subsequent changes will be subject to a €40 administration fee.
- 5.1 It is the full responsibility of the client to check the accuracy of the dates booked upon receipt of their travel documents
Changes by Us
- 6.1Any increase in price will be notified to Vagabond agents, in the press and in sales outlets. Vagabond will endeavour to remove all out of date promotional material.
- 6.2 Vagabond reserves the right to reduce the price of any of our tours. The final price will be confirmed to the client before the client makes a booking.
- 6.3 Vagabond reserves the right to vary, modify or cancel any itinerary, either partly or wholly. Vagabond also reserves the right to use alternative vehicles to those advertised in the brochure.
- 6.4 In the event of cancellation of a tour by Vagabond, Vagabond will offer a full refund or alternative travel arrangements to all clients booked onto the tour.
- 6.5 If access to any country or area is prohibited for reason beyond Vagabond’s control the client will be entitled to a refund if Vagabond cannot offer substitute services. The amount of the refund will be calculated pro-rata based on the total number of tour days and the number of tour days already travelled.
- 7.1 Tickets can only be used by the client to whom the ticket was issued; no other person can use the ticket in any circumstances.
- 7.2 The ticket must be produced at any time at the request of a Vagabond representative, and the client may also be asked to produce valid photo identification.
- 8.1 The client must observe the laws and regulations of the countries visited, including customs and foreign exchanges restrictions. If the client does not, they may be asked to surrender their Vagabond ticket. This may be cancelled without refund.
- 8.2 In the interest of safety there may be times when the Vagabond representative has to make a decision. It is a condition of booking that the client must comply with the authority and decisions of the appointed Vagabond representative. If the client does not comply with the Vagabond representative and are not compatible with the general enjoyment and well being of the members of the tour, Vagabond reserves the right to exclude the client from continuing the tour. In such a case, Vagabond will not be liable for any refund, compensation or any additional costs incurred by the client. Vagabond cannot accept responsibility for the behaviour of others on tour nor if any activities are curtailed as a result.
Holiday Details and Conditions
- 9.1 Vagabond must be advised of any medical conditions, or physical disability requiring special attention when the client makes their booking.
- 9.2 The client is responsible for all travel arrangements and costs to/from the point of commencement/conclusion of the tour.
- 9.3 It is the responsibility of the client to ensure they have a valid passport and all visaâ€™s, permits and certificates required for your selected tour, as well as any vaccinations and to comply with all applicable laws.
- 9.4 The client agrees that Vagabond may take photographs and films of the client while on the tour and that these may be used in Vagabond brochures and/or advertising without obtaining further consent or payment in respect of such photographs or films.
- 9.5 Should the client have a complaint in respect of the tour, they should inform the Vagabond representative during the course of the tour. If the matter cannot be resolved after the representative’s best endeavours to do so during the tour, the client’s complaint should be made in writing within 28 days thereof so that it can be investigated. Any claims made after the 28 days period will not be considered by Vagabond. If the client chooses to write to Vagabond via the Internet, please include a home address to reply to in writing.
- 9.6 The contract and all matters arising in respect hereof shall be subject to Irish law, unless we agree otherwise in writing.
- 9.7 If any provision of the contract is held invalid of unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, that provision shall be deemed to be re-written to give effect to the same purpose within the permitted limits of the law. The validity and enforceability of the other provisions shall not be affected.
- 9.8 If the client is unsuccessful in any legal action instituted against us, the client agrees to pay all our costs, including, but not limited to, attorney/client costs.
- 9.9 Clients must be aged 18 years and over but Vagabond may, at its absolute discretion, and in exceptional circumstances, give confirmation of acceptance of a person outside this age restriction.
- Under no circumstances can Vagabond be held responsible for weather conditions.
NO SMOKING POLICY
- 11.1 Vagabond operates a no-smoking policy on all its vehicles.
- 12.1 The booking conditions detailed herein contain the entire contract between the client and Vagabond. No representation, term, warranty or condition can be expressed or implied by reference to any other writing, advertisement or conversation. This contact may only be varied in writing by a duly authorised Director of Vagabond.
- 12.2 The clients contract is with Vagabond as the tour operating company. At any time and at Vagabond’s discretion, we may nominate to the client in writing any other company or person to have the benefit of some or all of those provisions of this contract, which Vagabond may then specify, as if the client had agreed the provisions directly with that company or person in the first place as well as agreeing them with Vagabond. Vagabond may, at its complete discretion assign all or any rights and liabilities arising under or by virtue of this or any other contract with the client.
- 12.3 All bookings with carriers and other service providers are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by those carriers and other service providers. Please note that some of these limit or exclude liability in respect of death, personal injury, delay and loss or damage to baggage. Whilst Vagabond cannot accept any responsibility for any loss as a result of such actions or as a result of any act of omission of any such third parties, Vagabond will give every assistance in helping to resolve any reasonable dispute.
- 12.4 Many accommodation arrangements referred to in the brochure are provided independently by third party accommodation providers. Such arrangements are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by those providers, and as such any contracts undertaken directly between you and the third party accommodation provider. All such arrangements are made independently of Vagabond, regardless of any help and assistance which Vagabond may provide in securing such arrangements.
- 12.5 Many activity and outdoor pursuits arrangements referred to in the brochure are provided independently by third party activity and outdoor pursuits providers. Such arrangements are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by those providers, and as such any contracts undertaken directly between you and the third party activity and outdoor pursuits provider. All such arrangements are made independently of Vagabond, regardless of any help and assistance which Vagabond may provide in securing such arrangements.
- 12.6 Please note that no airline or carrier depicted or recommended in the brochure by virtue of their endorsement of this brochure represents themselves either as contracting with any legal relationship with any such purchaser.
- 12.7 Every effort is made to ensure brochure accuracy at the time of going to print, however Vagabond cannot be held responsible for printing and typographical errors, or errors arising from unforeseen circumstances.
- 13.1 All Vagabond tours are operated by: Vagabond Tours Limited, 65 Heathervue, Greystones, Co Wicklow. Registered in Ireland
14. These terms and conditions are valid for all reservations made on or after 24 March 2002